Sunday, January 8, 2012

TAC to Make Final Recommendations for Permanent Pilot Plan?

The question mark is in the title because the Taxi Advisory Council keeps threatening to make final recommendations and never quite seems to do so. In other words, I'll believe it when I see it.

The picture is of me when I first started taxi driving and was even hotter than I am now - if less friendly.


In honor of TAC's attempt at finality, I'm putting some of the proposals on the blog in posts below this one. (Please excuse the formatting.)

For comparison I'm linking to the Medallion Reform Proposal by the San Francisco Cab Drivers Association which I originally published on April 4, 2011.

I'm also linking to my own An Outline for Making the Pilot Plan Permanent which I published on December 18, 2011.

To make note of a few other proposals click below.




Councilor Tim Lapp (photo below) wants to allow Pre-K medallion holders to sell their medallions.



Richard Moles (photo), who has been driving cab for 26 years but only put his name on the Waiting List 13 years ago, has also put his name on the Buyer's List. He says that he has enough money to buy a medallion but would want his purchase to be made similar to the way ramp taxis are handled now.

What he wants is to be able to buy the medallion but keep his name on the waiting list so that, if an "earned" medallion becomes available, he would be able to sell the one he bought and be given the medallion that he waited and worked so many years to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment