Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back From China & Symphony in Dolores Park


I clearly made a mistake when I left for China by not informing everyone that I was going. A few people wrote wondering what had happened, one of whom thought that the cops might have "disappeared" me for the article I wrote about them.

Fortunately, that wasn't the case. I simply was unable to access my blog in China (I found it in Chinese characters but not in English). I did write a follow up to my police article and four pieces about cab driving in China that I sent out as e-mails. I was unable to access my complete mailing list so I'm going to be putting these articles up as posts over the next few days.

These articles can be found below this one in the order that I wrote them.

On Sunday, I was welcomed back to town by the San Francisco Symphony who played Chavez and Dvorak (among other composers) in Dolores Park under the energetic direction of the up and coming young conductor, Alondra de la Parra. I don't think I've heard Dvorak's New World Symphony played with more feeling or enthusiasm.

A few thousand other people shared the experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment