The Town Hall meetings will resume on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 amid all kinds of rumors about what Chris Hayashi is going to present. Rumors are rumors and hold no interest for me - especially since we'll find out the truth tomorrow.
However, I do have questions that have arisen from Director Hayashi's last formulation of her plan:
- Is there going to be a retirement option? If so, what? And for how many people? And at what age?
- What will the fixed price be set at? What percentage will be required for a transfer fee?
- I'm assuming that the list will be kept but for how many people? Will it be cut off? And, if so, where?
- What form will the Drivers Fund take? How will it be financed?
- Does the MTA still intend to extort $30 million from us? Or, is there a more reasonable figure in the works?
- In the end, it's all about the numbers. What will the final numbers be?
- Will the plan put an end to the "gates and gas" system? Or, will it protect "gates and gas" drivers?
The last rumor I heard had Ms. Hayashi presenting her final plan to the MTA at the 2 pm board meeting on Feb 2, 2010.
Here is the latest Schedule. There may be a few more meetings before February.