Saturday, October 19, 2013

Correction: The SFMTA Board Tabled a GATE INCREASE Not a Meter Increase

The original title of my last post stated that the Board had tabled a Meter Increase when in fact what they tabled was a GATE INCREASE.

Those of you who have been reading me for awhile are no doubt aware that I am extremely challenged as a proof reader but this faux pas has to rank with my top screw-ups. My only excuse is that I was working late the night before publishing the post.

Director Chris Hayashi was wise enough to not propose a meter increase at this point in time. What I was critical of was her idea of proposing a Gate increase without a meter increase  – actions that should be considered a long way down the road.

I would like to add that I in no way intended to criticize Director Hayashi as a person or as Director of the MTA's Taxi Services. Even while occasionally disagreeing with this idea or that, I think her work has been stupendous and a benefit, not only to everyone in the taxi business, but to everyone in the city of San Francisco and the state of California as well.

My apologies to both my readers and Director Hayashi.

The Phantom

No comments:

Post a Comment